Tuesday 20 February 2007

Daniel Sykes, Wales

When I first arrived in Indonesia, it was very exciting and enjoyable for me to introduce myself as Dan from Wales to all the people of different ages and nationalities.

After travelling half way around the world to Indonesia, I have felt very welcome by Education International to Banda Aceh.

The tour so far has been a wonderful and educational experience and visiting the young children at school, seeing their faces light up, will stay with me for the rest of my life.

And what EI has done to help education and schools in Banda Aceh is truly amazing!

Thank you to EI for this wonderful experience and let’s hope the rest of the week is as good as the start!

Daniel Sykes, Wales

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

You all seem to be having an excellent, yet moving time out there. It must be amazing to see it all. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures!

See you when you get back
Matt

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,
have a great time there..we're watching with interest here in Mauritius...love Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan!! Gosh, it sounds so amazing, I'm glad you're having such a fab time!! As matt said, can't wait to see all the photos!

Love Fran xxx

Anonymous said...

Yo Big Man!!!!

I guess it beats thinking about Elland Road!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan and all you young people in Banda Aceh ~ your comments have been fascinating!
Your descriptions of the places you have visited and the people you have met, have sent a shiver down my spine.
I can't wait to read your next installments!!!
Love mum xx
P.S. ~ only 650 photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Hay Dan, hope you're having a great time!! Nick and I are glued to the site, finding out what you're up to! can't wait to see you!! love becky and nick xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan
Read your blog. Very interesting.Expect to see all your photos and hear all about it . Safe journey home.
Love Jane and Mike